Thursday, August 11, 2016

Weather has gotten into a pattern this week of sticky, cloudy starts to each morning, followed by a drizzle at some point, then sun, then hard rain/thunderstorm, then some clearing but muggy still.  Too bad it's dreary because tonight is the Persid meteor shower, which is supposed to be spectacular this year.  Don't think I'll stay up late or get up early because the clouds appear poised to have us obscured.

Got up a little earlier (7:40), and after coffee went for a walk on my downtown route.  Barely beat the rain.  Susan got up before I left.  Today we shared some Olympics watching, but each did his/her own thing most of the day.  She continues to organize and clean up, emptying drawers, etc.  I piddled around most of the day.  Watched the end of the NRL game I began a few days ago and watched another episode of Last Chance U.  Finished my book, Before the Fall, last night, and I've not decided which one I want to read next.  It was a hard book to put down ... although not really a mystery and not the kind of book I usually read.  Glad I read this one though; I will recommend it to many.

Guess it's apparent that I changed my mind about watching the Olympics.  I knew I'd watch track & field, but women's gymnastics and most all of the swimming have gotten my attention.  Michael Phelps has been phenomenal -- guess they're right that he's the best Olympian ever, given the success and duration of it.  It's hard for me to think anyone can be better than Mark Spitz was in Munich in '72, but that was only one Olympics.  Phelps just keeps getting better.  I seldom cheer for overdogs, but he's an exception.

No comments:

Post a Comment