Saturday, August 6, 2016
Not much to tell. We each adjusted to being back home in our own way. Both of us have napped some, and Susan said she had had a hard time sleeping at night. Consequently, she has slept a little later. I had to get up and mow -- it needed it badly, but it had rained yesterday afternoon. So I mowed all but a small patch in the front that was soggy from the rain ... and because I had the sprinkler set for Fri. morning. After lunch I went to George's to visit my buddies at the store, whom I hadn't seen in a couple of weeks. I've begun watching Last Chance U on Netflix during lunch. Since I grew up living and dying with the JCJC Bobcats, I was pleased that something on MS Juco football had gotten national attention ... but this is not exactly the kind of attention I'd hoped for. What a bunch of dimwits and outlaws! And the coach comes across as a foul-mouthed, classless redneck. Pretty sad, but I'll watch the entire series. I'm also reading Daniel Silva's The Black Widow, which has been very exciting ... and depressing because it's probably closer to the truth than I want to believe. I fixed dinner tonight, and it was pretty good. Susan continues to help and to clean up after me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment