Tuesday
Inevitable, right? Yes, today was the day when we had a conflict over the TV. As I had said, for the past 2 years it had been "mine" during the day. Today when I came home and was looking forward to watching some of the UEFA soccer tournament, she had it on one of those "fix up a house" shows. (Those shows hold no interest at all for me, and are at times like someone scratching fingernails on a blackboard ... probably the way she feels about some of the sports shows I watch.) I didn't feel like I could or should come marching in and demand to watch what I wanted to watch, so I didn't say anything. Eventually she said, "You can watch whatever you want to watch; I'm not that interested in this." And eventually I did (not changing channels immediately because I didn't want to signal that I was chomping at the bit to watch anything but that show).
Otherwise it was the kind of day that I expect to be -- and has so far been -- typical, i.e., we each go our own way some of the time and find things to do together some of the time. It was very comfortable for me, and I think for her.
No comments:
Post a Comment