Wednesday, June 22, 2016
Different day. Susan left for Mobile and the National DYW program this morning. I waited around for her to leave before mowing the yard, but she was in no hurry. It was getting really hot and humid, so I finally started at about 10:15 and worked until around 11:30. It pretty well wiped me out for the day ... and took me forever to stop sweating. I managed to get an appointment with my barber to get my haircut and went to campus to have that done. Also visited some friends I worked with since the salon I go to is in the Union at MSU, where I worked. Stopped by one of my best friends traditional men's clothing store to visit. He wasn't in, but I hung around and visited with the others for awhile. Came back and crashed on the sofa while watching Euro. Had a nice leftover dinner of boiled shrimp etc., then watched the 1st episode of ESPN's OJ series. Wow, I had forgotten how good he was as a football player, and it reminded me of why I just didn't think he did those murders ... he came across as such a nice, bright, easy-going guy. It had some shots from his rookie season, and I saw him play the Oilers in the Astrodome then. We had gone to see State play Houston, a game in which the Cougars eked out a scant 74 point victory. We toured the 'Dome, known as the 8th Wonder of the World back then, and the Bills were practicing. A ball bounced over near our tour group, and O.J. was standing nearby. One of my fraternity brothers whom I had ridden out with yelled out, "Hey, Juice, throw me that ball." He did. I thought, "What a nice guy!" I stayed fooled for a long time. I'm interested in seeing the next 4 episodes of the series ... wonder what made him change (or how he fooled me and so many others for so long)?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment