Monday, June 13, 2016
Day broke for me at a few minutes after 8:00 a.m., which is the latest I recall having slept in a long time. My beloved managed to sleep for about another hour. This was the first real test of our long term togetherness. The real rub is probably the use of the TV and the computer. We have multiple TV's, but we both usually watch the one in the den. She has an iPad, and we both have iPhones, but we both like to use the laptop. For the past two years I've had squatter's rights on both all day until she has come home for work. How will this sharing work? Not an issue at all today. I still watched the Today Show and Sports Center, and she got on the computer. Later in the morning she went to another DYW meeting while I walked. Then I went to Rotary. We both piddled around the house this afternoon. Leftovers tonight, so dinner was a joint affair, as it had been last night. (If I haven't mentioned it, before I retired, I seldom cooked anything except breakfast on weekends and the occasional dinner on the grill. For the past 2 years I've been chief chef, and the kitchen has been mine.) Tonight we watched Netflix series that we have enjoyed, Nurse Jackie and Bloodline. She stayed up until after 10:00, something she almost never did while working. Amazing! And I've had plenty of time to check email, read the stuff I want online, etc. without having to wait. So far this has been easy. {knock wood!}
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment