Susan slept a little later, but got up and got started running errands. I, on the other hand, had breakfast and began watching Wales vs. England in Euro 2016. Ended up recording it because I had to mow the back yard before it got too hot. Summer is here -- according to my car, it reached 100 today, and was plenty humid to boot. After lunch I went to Kroger, the big grocery store in Starkvegas ... takes me forever to shop there because it's expanded and I am still figuring out where things are. Also went to the wine store to replenish Susan's white and my red. More soccer after lunch ... I find UEFA soccer far preferable to the NBA, which I just can't make myself watch for more than a couple of minutes, if at all. As I told our son, today Gareth Bale of Wales, who is the highest paid athlete in the world, scored an incredible goal on a free kick from about 40m out. The most refreshing part was that after scoring he didn't pound his chest in self-promotion or do any of the sliding and ripping his guernsey off in self-congratulations that many of his colleagues so often do. Instead he ran over in front of the Welch fans and pointed to the dragon that is their national symbol ... playing for the name on the front of the jersey rather than the one on the back. Unfortunately England came back and won 2-1, but David had his moment.
Late this afternoon we learned that the person who cleans for us wanted to go and visit her grandbaby tomorrow rather then cleaning for us. I was afraid that Susan would freak because our daughter and her girls are coming for the weekend tomorrow afternoon. However, she told the lady to go ahead ... that we could handle it. She started cleaning tonight, and we'll finish in the morning. It's nice that we both work here now.
No comments:
Post a Comment