The First Day
The first day of Susan's retirement we both got up around 8:00, later that I expected to awake and much earlier for her than I expected. As usual, I fed the dogs, made the coffee, and fixed breakfast. I had my twice a month coffee with several old mates from work at 9:30. We always have some good laughs over current events and old times. Got home in time to eat lunch, and we got ready, then traveled to Greenwood to the Alluvian Hotel, a boutique hotel with a spa and great restaurant. I had planned on a night there for Susan because she loves to do the spa. We got there in time to rest up a bit, go to happy hour at the Alluvian bar (where we ran into a fraternity brother and his wife), then a superb dinner at Giardina's, which is the Alluvian's restaurant. Nice seafood, then an early night. We were both probably asleep before 10:00 and slept until 8:00 the next morning. This joint retirement isn't bad.
No comments:
Post a Comment