Monday, July 25, 2016

Sunday & Monday

Got up later on Sun. than I had planned, had breakfast, and got ready for church.  The preacher decided that for the good of unity and to accommodate preparation for a big gospel concert this evening, the regular congregation would meet with the snake handlers (contemporary) in the CLC.  Jake's (the young assoc. minister who does the contemporary service) sermon was a good one.  He's a bright, personable guy who is speaks effectively.  Prepared for the trip -- packing, researching, burning CD's, etc. -- this afternoon.  We had an unexpected rain that stopped in time for me to grill burgers, and we watched a movie on Netflix. 

Today (Mon.) I got up, mowed (plenty warm and humid), then got ready for Rotary.  The Starkville DYW whom Susan had worked with all summer spoke and did a superb job.  She's a bright, happy kid who has learned to handle herself well in front of crowds.  This afternoon we continued to prepare for our trip.  We leave tomorrow morning in time to pick up both grands by 2:00.  A short night, then off to the BHM airport for an early flight to PDX.  Can't wait!

I'm not sure how well I'll be able to keep up with the blog while at Cannon Beach.  Even if I figure out how to get to this site on my phone, I'm not too keen on trying to type much with my thumbs.  We'll see.  Worst case scenario, I'll take notes and transcribe when I get back, as I did while we were in Canberra 2 yrs. ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment