Saturday, July 9, 2016

A productive Saturday -- one that illustrates that the weekend means little to retirees.  Walked with my running/walking group early this morning.  Went about 5 miles, and it was plenty humid and warm.  Susan had organized a reception for the Starkville DYW who is leaving tomorrow for Meridian and the state program.  It was a fire drill -- building was locked and no one to contact, needed some things from the house and the store, torrential rain, etc. -- so I jumped in where needed. The downside is that I had planned to go to see the movie The Free State of Jones this afternoon (after waiting for a week for different people to go with me, all to no avail).  Oh, well, maybe later.  After resting a little while at home, I went to the grocery store, Lowe's to get gas for the grill, and to the liquor store for wine.  Then I grilled burgers, and we watched the last 2 episodes of the most recent season of Homeland.  It's the best thing I've seen on TV probably ever, but definitely since the original Roots.  Full Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment