Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Aging makes one wonder, and the question of the day is whether I'm getting old or have gotten old.  For lo the many years I worked, I typically got 6-7 hrs. of sleep a night ... and more and I typically felt groggy.  When I retired, I still was sleeping about 7 hours and feeling good when I awakened.  For the past few months, however, I've been sleeping 8 hours.  Do I need more sleep now?  Hmmm.  Today I got my 8 hours and felt lethargic.  Although I didn't feel like doing much, I made myself go ahead and go to Sanderson to work out because it was the only way I could get 2 workouts in this week.  Once there and going, I felt fine and had a good workout ... even upped the weights on some exercises.  After I returned home and had lunch, I felt really tired and sleepy. I lazed around for a couple of hours before making myself get up and get going on some errands.  So again, I'm wondering if I'm losing steam -- and having had a heart attack nearly 4 years ago, that gnaws at the back of my mind a bit.  I don't want to overdo it, and I damn sure don't want to admit it if I'm just slowing down.  I've always been fit and a pretty high energy guy.  As the late, great Marvin queried, "What's going on?"

No comments:

Post a Comment