Monday, July 11, 2016

Nice start to the week.  As I enjoyed my coffee and the replay of the Euro final this morning, I realized my granddaughter had quietly gotten up and tiptoed into the living room to read (to avoid waking her grandmother, who was sleeping in the other twin bed in our son's old room).  We had breakfast together, and Susan got up a bit later.  I did my walk, puttered around, and then went to Rotary.  Ran a few errands on the way home.  Maren and I went to the monthly used book sale at the Starkville Public Library, spent an hour or so shopping, and made quite a haul.  We then stopped at 929 coffee shop and had afternoon tea (hot chocolate and a frozen coffee drink actually).  For dinner I made a new chicken dish, which was quite tasty, and Susan made a nice salad.  We finished one of the Harry Potter movies Maren brought, then read some Aussie books.  (Two years ago this day Susan and I were in Australia.)

Today is also my parents' anniversary; they married 73 years ago in the side yard of my mom's parents' home in booming Lawrence, MS.  I've thought of them both often lately.  They were loving and generous people, and I owe so much to them.  I hope they're able to look down from Heaven and see their grandchildren and great grandchildren.  If so, I know they're smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment