Can I be sued for plagiarism if I write on my own blog that today was the best of times and the worst of times? Hopefully ole Chuck Dickens won't find out. Today began as a great day when I learned that I will have another precious granddaughter to love and spoil. There's nothing quite like the smell the softness, and the sounds of a baby, and I feel so blessed that I'll have that experience one more time. I can't wait to hold her and to see her older sister and brother and her cousins making a fuss over her.
I also had my semiweekly coffee with my old work buddies. I was so fortunate to have been part of a work family made up of friends as well as colleagues. We always have lots of laughs. Then I got some ad sales calls made for QB Club, which I'll serve this year as VP.
Now for the bad news ... tonight I watched the Republican National Convention, where Donald Trump was nominated and gave his speech. What a blowhard! No substance; just promises and pomposity. God help us that one of our major parties -- the party for whose candidate I've often voted -- has nominated a candidate who seems to be so unqualified. God help us.
No comments:
Post a Comment